This page is a short summary of all the important stuff I use. The idea is that I only mention the stuff I would miss if I lost it(or stopped working for the software stuff).
- MacBook Pro 13\” without Touch Bar; the 2016 model, with 16GB of memory and 512 SSD. Great machine, but I fucking hate the keyboard
- ThinkPad x230, 12”; 256 SSD and 16GB ram; runs Arch Linux and i3.
- AlphaSmart Neo2; my typewriter.
- Happy Hacking Keyboard 2; I have one at home and at work.
- Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse; have one at work and one at home
- Apple Magic Trackpad.
- LG 4K 27” USB-C screen.
- iPhone 8 Plus, with a twist popsocket
- Audio Technica ATH-M50x + Fiio Btr3 Bluetooth DAC
- Analog camera: Nikon FM, with a 50mm F1.8
- Digital: Fujifilm X-Pro 2. 23/35/50mm F2, and 8mm f2.8; the 23mm is on it most of the time. I have a pile of 8GB memory cards I use with it;
- Nokia Smart Scale.
- PlusTec Opticfilm 8100 negative scanner
- Some random Canon flatbed scanner.
- Fjellreven Foldstack No.3 as my man purse.
- Fjellreven Foldstack No.2 for the stuff I bring and and forth to work
- Various Lowpro photography bags; including a large one for travel, plus a tiny one for my SD cards.
- Hario Soto Magu travel mug
Pen and paper stuff
- Lamy 2000 Medium Nib
- Pilot Vanishing Point
- Pilot Metal Falcon
- TWSBI Eco’s
- YStudio brass pocket pen
- Golden Bear Pencils
- Classroom Friendly Sharpener.
- Pilot Iroshizuku inks
- Field Notes
- LT1917: lined for writing and dotgrid for Bullet journaling; plus a five year journal.
- Github. Awesome Git hosting
- Linode virtual servers. Great host, no bull shit, not fancy, but they do exactly what it says on the tin
- 1Password. The best password management solution I know about. Both from a security and UX stand point. Awesome for solo and team use
- Pinboard.in _The best bookmarking servie ever, I use it for bookmarks
- Apple Music
- iCloud for photos
- Micro.blog. /Micro.blog is the only social network stuff I’m doing at the moment. It feel a lot like twitter in the good old days. And it is powered by blogs instead of a centralized system./
- Ox hugo
- FeedPress. A great service if you want feed stats or want to keep the same feed url no matter if you change CMS or not.
- Emacs. My go to text editor at the time, it’s powerful, I use it for almost everything; including reading email.
- iTerm 2 Like terminal.app with better UI and some extra functionality, like splitting both directions.
- ZSH. My favourite shell, awesome with Oh-my-zsh
- git. SCM. Don’t love it, but better than the rest
- Paw. Awesome GUI app for OS X for interacting with web api’s.
- Homebrew. The best package manager for OS X
Coding (languages and stack)
- C# / .NET Core. /Great for developing larger stuff, with a strongly typed language. It’s a lot more like Django or Rails than it used to be/
- React / Redux / Webpack /My favourite way to build Web Apps at the moment. It’s easy to write stuff really fast and it scales to larger projects./
- I currently use node for all my command line scripting stuff because npx makes it so easy to keep things in sync.n
Coding / Server stuff
Other Mac Apps
- Alfred. My go to launcher, more powerful than Spotlight and easier to get into than the others.
- Arq. An app to take backups of your computer, but you control where it’s stored.
- Karabiner Elements The app I use to re-map my CAPS LOCK to shift.*
- Amphetamine A modern version of Caffine. Keeps my Mac from going to sleep
- Moom. My Window manager, I mostly use it to resize windows with keyboard shortcuts.
- Silver Fast. /The scanner software I use to scan negatives. It looks like shit, is a pain in the ass to deal with but the results are awesome./
- Photos.app. I add JPEG of all my raw files and TIFF scans to Photos. It’s great to browse photos.
This is a summary not of everything on my iPhone, but the stuff I use a lot.
- Working Copy